Saturday 24 February 2007

Eye witness reports

Quotes from BBC website 24 February 2007

One of the passengers, BBC executive Caroline Thomson, said the train "did a sort of bump". "It suddenly appeared to hit something and then lurched very, very badly from side to side in a very dramatic way."

Those living close to the site described hearing the crash. Adam Pashley, 19, said: "It was one hell of a bang but I never thought it would be a serious incident. About 15 minutes later I was looking out of my bedroom window and suddenly I started to see police and ambulance crews."

Donald Potter said: "My house is only about 120 yards from the track and I was sitting at my desk when I heard a very strange sound, it was completely unidentifiable, like nothing I have ever heard before, and lasted for about ten seconds."

No comments: